Paper Mill Set Up Utility - Cottonton, AL
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Mahrt Operations is currently looking for safe committed people to join our Paper Mill in Cottonton, AL. Currently, we are looking to fill openings at our entry-level position as a Set-Up Utility. Below provides more detail for the position and it requirements.
Basic functions: Set-Up Utility (Extra Utility) position is there to assist other workers in the operation of the Paper Machine and to cut cores. Essential functions will include but not limited to:
- Cutting, loading, storing, and removing of paper cores
- Assist in start up of machines
- Clean up of areas
- Responsible to perform duties of other jobs in the Papermill line of progression in accordance with Labor Agreement.
Mahrt Operations Papermill offers competitive wages as well as benefits package. The Wages and Benefits offered include:
- Competitive hourly wage rates -- entry probationary rate is $15.08 per hour, with an increase to $18.71-$21.50/hr upon successful completion of probationary period.
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) and pension plan
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to work in a heavy industrial environment
- Be able to work rotating shifts (Southern Swing)
- Be able to work safely at all times
- Possess a solid history of employment
- Pass written company administered test that covers the following: Reading rules & Gauges, Math, and Reading (Work Ready Certificate no longer required)
- Ability to read to accomplish such tasks as reading reports, gauges, signs, etc.
*****No phone calls will be accepted in reference to the position******
WestRock Mahrt Operations is committed to a safe, drug-free workplace. To be considered for employment, an applicant must pass all Pre-employment screening requirements which include academic/criminal/employment, drug, and physical.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.