Gluer Operator - Charlotte, NC
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Gluer Operator - Charlotte, NC
2750 Whitehall Park Dr
Charlotte, North Carolina, 28273
WestRock has an opportunity for a Finishing Gluer Operator at our facility in Charlotte, NC. The WestRock Charlotte facility is a folding carton facility committed to creating a safe work environment, building motivated and engaged teams, and producing quality products for our customers. Our success is directly related to our safety, quality, and efficiency. This successful candidate will play a key role within the cutting department team here in Charlotte
How you will impact WestRock:
- Operate folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
- Read and understand job jackets tickers and production schedule.
- Remove empty skids from gluers, window machines.
- Move completed load to staging area and confirming accuracy[CB1] .
- Provide support to the Finishing department as needed.
- Ensures work areas are kept clean at all times and can identify potential safety hazards.
- Maintain highest quality of product produced by completing all necessary quality checks.
- Troubleshoot machine issues and make adjustments in a safe timely manner.
- Communicates with various shifts effectively.
Perform various make readies, operate glue system, glue detection and setting them accordingly.
Work with and lead crew assigned to machine
Perform maintenance on equipment.
Train crews on feeding, packing, starting, and stopping of machine.
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) or equivalent
- Folding carton converting experience
- Minimum 1 year of work related experience
- The ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Knowledge of safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Efficient in basic computer skills.
- Be effective in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent attendance
- Strong technical knowledge
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- The ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or scheduled form.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.