About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Finishing Lead - Charlotte, NC
2750 Whitehall Park Dr
Charlotte, North Carolina, 28273
How you will impact WestRock:
- Assist with coordinating production within the Finishing department and across all shifts
- Read and understand job jackets, tickets, and production schedule.
- Provide support to the Finishing department and Finishing Manager as needed.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean at all times and can identify potential safety hazards in compliance with safety, housekeeping, and 5S.
- Complete departmental audits as needed
- Insure the department is maintaining the highest quality of product produced
- Communicates with various shifts effectively.
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) or equivalent
- Folding carton converting experience
- Minimum 1 year of work related experience
- The ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Knowledge of safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Efficient in basic computer skills. (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc)
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with employees, leadership, customers and vendors
- Excellent attendance
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Some flexibility in work schedule is required
- The ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or scheduled form.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans