Production Supervisor- Bridgeview, IL
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Production Supervisor-Bridgeview, IL
The Production Supervisor motivates their department to meet all productivity, safety and quality goals. They will be driven to continually improve performance and embrace changes that will help both their team and company meet production standards. They conduct and schedule on-going training for their team to ensure guidelines and policies are adhered to.
What you will need to succeed:
- Drive for Results: utilize motivational techniques to continuously improve performance. Schedule hourly employees and their duties to their strongest skillset and provisions of the labor contract.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to analyze results, check production levels and investigate production issues to ensure efficient department operation.
- Safety driven: enforce plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices and encourage employees to become safety conscious.
- Strong Communication skills: Ability to listen, communicate needs and results, and motivate the team.
- Presentation Skills: Conduct training of the workforce as needed and ensure appropriate disciplinary actions are taken when deemed necessary. Ensure compliance with the Union contract and company policy.
- Strong organizational skills: maintain appropriate logs and reports.Maintain a customer focus and have attention to details and quality. Ability to make sound decisions that will benefit the customer, the team, and the company.
- Perform other tasks as required by the department manager.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors Degree or 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.