About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Assembly Production Supervisor - Bolingbrook,IL
365 Crossing Road
Bolingbrook, Illinois, 60440
Supervises the Assembly process which includes working both on the plant floor and in an office setting. The position monitors ongoing production task, production quantities and efficiencies, quality, safety and assures paperwork and computer entry is accurate
How you will impact WestRock:
* Maintain production line efficiency, quality, cleanliness and safety.
* Maintain all appropriate paperwork.
* Provide training for all employees.
* Conducts plant safety meetings.
* Maintain compliance with all safety rules/regulations in order to ensure a safe working environment.
* Ensures adherence to Federal Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Evaluate employee performance.
* Maintain accurate inventory counts.
* Be able to handle all aspects in employee relations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Ability to Execute - Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets standards and responsibilities, may provide leadership/motivation.
Commitment to Task - Meets commitments, works independently, accepts ownership of projects and outcomes, takes personal responsibility and sets objectives/standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements, shows a sense of urgency about getting results.
Communication - Clearly exchanges thoughts, ideas and messages through written, verbal and non-verbal methods that promote an understanding with the target audience. Creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers engaging presentations, shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner. Listens carefully and attentively.
Diversity - Supports an inclusive workplace, incorporates different viewpoints and ideas to maximize performance and contributions of employees, develops strengths in team members, deals respectfully with colleagues, customers and vendors at all levels, understands his/her role in building and sustaining a culture of high performance.
Initiative - Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development, demonstrates a bias for action without prompting.
- High school diploma or GED minimum.
- 1 year prior management experience is required
- 1year production manufacturing experience is required
- 1 year experience managing temp agency contractors (Plus)
- AS400 (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Excel and basic computer skills
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.