About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Assistant Boiler Operating Engineer - Battle Creek, MI
177 Angell Street
Battle Creek, Michigan, 49037
We are currently seeking an Assistant Boiler Operating Engineer(AOE), to be located in Battle Creek, MI. This plant is a 100% recycled paper mill. The AOE will be responsible to assist with Boiler Operation and control the water filtration process.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum NIULPE 4th Class Power Engineer License
- Proven experience with water filtration
- Able to trouble shoot semi-automated water production equipment
- Proficient withDistributed Control Systems
- Able to perform water quality test and record on computer databases
- Familiar with OSHA and other local safety codes
- Able to read and interpret SOP technical manuals
- Proficient with computer and software such as MSOffice Suite, electronic reporting and communications
- Able to safely operate 12” High Pressure valves
- Must have good written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Compressed Air Systems
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, nights and weekends, as needed
- Experience with Delta V Operator control Screens, alarm systems and HMI touch screen applications
- Experience ADT Fire Alarm or similar systems
- Experience and proven ability with AC and DC drives for fan, pump, and steam applications
- Currently pursuing NIULPE 3rd Class Power Engineer License
- Able to lift, push, and pull,up to 55lbs
- Able to climb stairs and ladders, in addition to enter restricted confined spaces.
- Willing and able to work in nonsmoking environment.
- Must be able to successfully pass the WestRock Physical and Drug Screen