About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Machine Operator - Athens, AL
1720 Wilkinson Street
Athens, Alabama, 35611
Job Summary: Machine Operator – Athens, AL
Starting Pay: $12.93/hr Increase after probationary period
Full benefits after 30 days of employment
Paid vacation after 30 days of employment
Primary duties include safely performing a wide range of tasks that include stacking corrugated product, conducting quality checks, material set-up, and maintaining a clean and organized work space. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, a strong desire to learn manufacturing processes and operating complex machinery and have a desire to advance within the company.
- Ability to operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific direction, operate power hand tools, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Ability to read a tape measure and have basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to work safely and comply with all safety regulations.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
- Required to work daily overtime, weekend work and various shifts depending on your position.
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Military training and or Technical School preferred
Minimum 1 year experience working in a manufacturing environment