Finishing Clerk - Allegan, MI
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Finishing Clerk - Allegan, MI
504 Eastern Ave
Allegan, Michigan, 49010
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Produces plates as needed for use in production to ensure due dates are met.
- Troubleshoots plate problems.
- Transfers and maintains digital plate files.
- Completes Bill of Landing (BOL) and routes appropriately.
- Double checks work order information.
- Packs all outgoing product and assure proper identification is attached (e.g., new art stickers, etc.).
- Coordinates pickups with shippers.
- Assures BOL’s are placed inside and outside of the container(s).
- Sends all BOL’s to appropriate locations.
- Sends samples to the customer’s QS department.
- Provides training of Quality Systems as required.
- Understands and trains others on Pecas System
- Conducts final inspections and batch/ticket reviews as required.
- Ships misc. items for company by various shippers.
- Receives all UPS/FedEx deliveries and route to appropriate persons.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- A minimum of one to two month's related experience or training is preferred.
- Must independently be able to run each piece of plate making equipment and also perform required maintenance on each.
- Must be able to multi-task between different plate making processes while performing all other assigned job duties.
- Must be able to read a limited number of two- and three- syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and safety rules.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to count and measure.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must exhibit basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to answer the telephone and provide information and assistance to other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.