About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Performance Excellence Black Belt – Panama City, FL
One Everitt Ave
Panama City, Florida, 32401
The Performance Excellence Black Belt supporting the Panama City Mill will lead multiple process improvement teams concurrently utilizing the Lean-Six Sigma Methodology to measurably improve operational and/or business processes. Must work effectively with leadership and the financial community to translate sustainable process improvements into budgeted financial improvements (net productivity impact). May be required to coach and/or support Green Belts and Part Time Black Belts on their kaizen or DMAIC projects. May be required to lead projects impacting customers, customer service and sales personnel.
This position will be based in Panama City, FL (relocation provided if needed) and will require to travel up to 50%.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work with leadership to align on priorities, business needs, project opportunities
- Lead 2-4 project improvement teams concurrently, potentially at multiple locations (divisional / business unit dependent).
- Execute > 6 projects per year having a significant impact on our business (BBs expected to provide > $1MM in productivity).
- Coach multiple Green Belt projects per year.
- Work effectively with operations to translate process improvement findings into production specifications and standard work.
- Maintain project documentation within the project management system.
- Ensure standards of project execution for DMAIC and kaizen projects are met.
- Consistently identify project opportunities to improve the business
- Support business unit or divisional initiatives.
What you need to succeed:
- BS; Engineering Degree Required
- 5 – 10 years of relevant high volume / low margin manufacturing experience with progressive growth in leadership and business
- Passion and drive to improve systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects in fast paced and dynamic environments using team-based, data-based approach
- Demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor technical and non-technical knowledge to hourly and salaried employees to drive business results
- Strong financial acumen with ability to create financial models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L
- Proficient with Minitab, Microsoft Office, Visio, and/or Sharepoint
- Intermediate knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology
- WestRock BB certification within 2 years
- Driven with a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills from the shop floor to executive level
- Skilled Decision maker and Systematic Problem Solver
- Ability to Positively Influence and Persuade Others
- Capable of assuming authority as needed
- Team builder
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Paper mill experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in change management and organizational redesign
- 3+ years as Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with documented project portfolio
- BB Certification
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.