Black Belts are business partners providing the link between the Performance Excellence System and Divisional Leaders to build a culture of Continuous Improvement, support overall business strategy, obtain critical support and resources, execute on a single productivity agenda by ensuring projects are measurable and implemented using the data driven approach of lean six sigma methodology and principles to drive productivity results while ensuring customer satisfaction of the world’s most admired brands.
This role will be a dedicated resource and will support Performance Excellence initiatives for the La Tuque site. The new hire will need to live in La Tuque and relocation will be provided as needed.
This position will require intermittent travel which may average 20%.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work with leadership to align on priorities, business needs, project opportunities
- Lead 2-4 project improvement teams concurrently, potentially at multiple locations (divisional / business unit dependent).
- Execute > 6 projects per year having a significant impact on our business (BBs expected to provide > $1MM in productivity).
- Coach multiple Green Belt and Yellow Belt projects per year.
- Work effectively with operations to translate process improvement findings into production specifications and standard work
- Maintain project documentation within the project management system.
- Ensure standards of project execution for DMAIC and kaizen projects are met.
- Consistently identify project opportunities to improve the business
- Support business unit or divisional initiatives.
What you need to succeed:
- BS/BA required; Technical Degree Preferred
- Bilingual French / English, both written and verbal.
- Relevant 3- 5 years of packaging industry experience with progressive growth in leadership and business impact (prefer Paper Mill, Extrusion and Folding Carton experience)
- Passionate about Continuous Improvement and ability to make others successful
- Certified Black Belt with demonstrated ability to consistently deliver financial results
- Lean Training with demonstrated practical application
- Demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor technical and non-technical knowledge to hourly and salaried employees
- Strong financial acumen with ability to create financial models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L
- Proficient with Minitab, Microsoft Office, Visio, and/or Sharepoint
- Driven with a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Clear and effective communicator at all levels
- Manages and drives change
- Travel required 80%, both domestic and international
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.