About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Performance Excellence Master Black Belt, MPS North America – Croydon, PA
3001 State Rd
Croydon, Pennsylvania, 19021
Master Black Belts are business partners providing the link between the Performance Excellence System and Divisional Leaders to build a culture of Continuous Improvement, support overall business strategy, obtain critical support and resources, execute on a single productivity agenda by ensuring projects are measurable and implemented using the data driven approach of lean six sigma methodology and principles to drive productivity results while ensuring customer satisfaction of the world’s most admired brands.
This position will be based in Croydon, PA (relocation provided if needed) and will require 80% travel.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Participates as a strategic thought partner of the divisional leadership team
- Aligns overall productivity project pipeline with annual financial plan and division objectives
- Ensures individual facilities within the division are resourced in alignment with their expected annual business and financial contribution
- Assess Performance Excellence System to develop gap analysis and plan to close the gaps. (Better resource management, training needed, identify process drift)
- Provide site support for Black Belts, Green Belts and Practitioners to ensure principles of Lean Six Sigma are understood, utilized and implemented in project work
- Coordinate divisions periodic report out of projects to Leadership Team
- Provide training for Lean Six Sigma disciplines as needed
- Formally represent and present divisional Performance Excellence System review and updates as required to senior leaders
- Identify and ensure best practices are shared and implemented
- Collaborate with LSS professionals within corporate group to improve processes and increase effectiveness for the entire organization.
What you need to succeed:
- BS/BA required; Technical Degree Preferred
- 5 – 10 years of relevant industry experience with progressive growth in leadership and business impact
- Passionate about Continuous Improvement and ability to make others successful
- Certified Black Belt with demonstrated ability to consistently deliver financial results
- Lean Training with demonstrated practical application
- Demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor technical and non-technical knowledge to hourly and salaried employees
- Strong financial acumen with ability to create financial models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L
- Proficient with Minitab, Microsoft Office, Visio, and/or Sharepoint
- Driven with a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Clear and effective communicator at all levels
- Manages and drives change
- Travel required 80%
- Subject matter expert within the industry applicable to the division/business unit
- Experience in change management and organizational redesign
- 2+ years as lean six sigma black belt with documented project portfolio
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.