Performance Excellence Black Belt - Covington, VA
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Performance Excellence Black Belt - Covington, VA
104 East Riverside St
Covington, Virginia, 24426-1238
The PEx Black Belt will lead multiple process improvement teams concurrently utilizing the Lean-Six Sigma Methodology to measurably improve operational and/or business processes. Must work effectively with leadership and the financial community to translate sustainable process improvements into budgeted financial improvements (net productivity impact). Will be required to coach and/or support Green Belts, Yellow Belts and Part Time Black Belts on their kaizen or DMAIC projects. Will lead monthly cadence calls for Part Time Black Belts, Green Belts, and Yellow Belts. May be required to lead projects impacting customers, customer service and sales personnel.
This position will be based at our Covington, VA location. This position will require 10% travel.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work with leadership to align on priorities, business needs, project opportunities
- Lead 2-4 project improvement teams concurrently, potentially at multiple locations (divisional / business unit dependent).
- Execute > 6 projects per year having a significant impact on our business (BBs expected to provide > $1MM in productivity).
- Coach multiple Green Belt and Yellow Belt projects per year.
- Work effectively with operations to translate process improvement findings into production specifications and standard work
- Maintain project documentation within the project management system.
- Ensure standards of project execution for DMAIC and kaizen projects are met.
- Consistently identify project opportunities to improve the business
- Support business unit or divisional initiatives.
What you need to succeed:
- BS/BA required; Technical Degree Preferred (Engineering within Paper Solutions)
- 5 – 10 years of relevant industry experience with progressive growth in leadership and business
- Passion and drive to improve systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects in fast paced and dynamic environments using team-based, data-based approach
- Demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor technical and non-technical knowledge to hourly and salaried employees to drive business results
- Strong financial acumen with ability to create financial models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L
- Proficient with Minitab, Microsoft Office, Visio, and/or SharePoint
- Intermediate knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology
- WestRock BB certification within 2 years
- Driven with a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills from the shop floor to executive level
- Skilled Decision maker and Systematic Problem Solver
- Ability to Positively Influence and Persuade Others
- Capable of assuming authority as needed
- Team builder
- Average of 10% travel
- Subject matter expert within the industry applicable to the division/business unit
- Experience in change management and organizational redesign
- 2+ years as lean six sigma black belt with documented project portfolio
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.