Master Black Belt / Lean Six Sigma Master
Multi Packaging Solutions (MPS) is a print-based specialty packaging business within WestRock that focuses on healthcare and high-end consumer markets, including confectionery, cosmetics, premium spirits and media packaging. This business provides its customers with an extensive array of premium folding cartons, inserts, labels and rigid packaging across a variety of substrates and finishes. For more information, visit www.westrock-mps.com.
To support our European facilities in UK, Germany, Poland, France, Netherlands, Belgium and Ireland, we are looking for an experienced:
Master Black Belt / Lean Six Sigma Master to be based in Nottingham, Glasgow, Newcastle, Dublin, Bristol, East Kilbride, Hamilton, Leicester, Belfast, Greenford or Tewkesbury.
Master Black Belts / Lean Six Sigma Masters are business partners providing the link between the Performance Excellence System and Divisional Leaders to build a culture of Continuous Improvement, support overall business strategy, obtain critical support and resources. They also execute on a single productivity agenda by ensuring projects are measurable, implemented using the data driven approach of lean six sigma methodology to drive productivity results while ensuring customer satisfaction of the worlds most admired brands. This is a corporate role which requires at least 80% travel UK / European travel.
How You Will Impact WestRock MPS
- Drive the creation of a Lean Six Sigma organisation within MPS Europe. Current locations include UK, Germany, Poland, France, Netherlands, Belgium and Ireland
- Provide site support and training for Black Belts, Green Belts and Practitioners to ensure principles of Lean Six Sigma are understood, utilized and implemented in project work
- Collaborate with Lean Six Sigma professionals within the corporate global group to improve processes and increase effectiveness for the entire organization
- Participate as a strategic thought partner to the divisional leadership team
- Align overall productivity project pipeline with annual financial plan and division objectives
- Ensure individual facilities within the division are resourced in alignment with their expected annual business and financial contribution
- Analyse the current Performance Excellence System developing a gap analysis and action plan to achieve World Class performance.
- Formally represent and present divisional Performance Excellence System review and updates as required to senior leaders
- Identify and ensure best practices are shared and implemented
- Coordinate divisions periodic report out of projects to Leadership Team
What You Need To Succeed
- Certified Master Black Belt or Lean Six Sigma Master with demonstrated ability to consistently deliver financial results
- 3+ years experience using Lean Six Sigma in a manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor hourly and salaried employees
- Strong financial acumen with ability to create financial models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L
- French, German and Polish languages a plus
- Proficient with Minitab, Visio and SharePoint
- Passionate about Continuous Improvement and ability to make others successful
- Driven with a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Clear and effective communicator at all levels
- Proven ability to manage and drive change
What We Offer
- Attractive salary + incentive, reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- Company car / car allowance depending on mileage
- A corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- A role in which you can prove and further develop your skills
- Work in a multinational context - international clients and project teams