Strategic Marketing Manager – Richmond, VA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Strategic Marketing Manager – Richmond, VA
- This is an exciting opportunity to join WestRock’s Enterprise Solutions organization, which supports 40 of the company’s top strategic
accounts along with key enterprise initiatives.
- The Manager role specifically supports the Strategic Marketing and Consumer Insights team, which is part of the Enterprise Solutions Hub, a small group of skilled professionals that participate in a broad range of commercial activities.
How you will impact WestRock:
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for a variety of projects and activities spanning market analysis, insight identification and strategy development. Successful candidates will have the ability to dissect markets and categories, identify key trends and implications and collaborate with stakeholders regarding go-forward strategy. The role will be consultative in nature, thus strong interpersonal, presentation
and influencing skills are required. This role provides the opportunity to work with a variety of different teams and account leaders, offering broad exposure to the organization.
- Lead development of strategy for target sectors, channels or initiatives by conducting and analyzing a variety of inputs; including markets,
customers, brands, competitors, geographies, etc.
- Identification of key trends and insights to determine implications and relevance for strategic customers.
- Collaboration with account teams to provide relevant information and thought leadership to drive account strategy.
- Support innovation pipeline development by identifying opportunity areas based on sector, channel and customer work.
- Support and, at times, lead development and presentation of customer-facing materials.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing or business-related field. MBA or related graduate degree in marketing
desired but not required.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Exposure to packaging or consumer goods industries a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Good business acumen and ability to understand complex and strategic business issues.
- An ability to translate primary and secondary research and information into key insights, implications and recommendations.
- Good presentation skills and proven ability to effectively present complex information.
- Ability to communicate with senior management in a clear, logical manner.
- Strong thought leadership.
- Strong service-orientation and responsiveness to internal customers.
- Comfortable within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Possess outstanding personal characteristics – a high level of integrity, confidence, strong initiative taking, the ability to get agreement/buy-in and a team-oriented work ethic.
- Ability/desire to work independently and collaboratively in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.