Production Manager , MPS Chicago- Woodridge,IL
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Production Manager , MPS Chicago- Woodridge,IL
2300 Internationale Parkway
Woodridge, Illinois, 60517
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Manages the assigned department daily through the management of supervisory/lead staff, including achieving production goals, managing performance of direct reports, making sound operational decisions, solving problems, and managing conflict.
Maintains a safe working environment including identifying potential unsafe issues.
Trains/coaches all operators to perform at acceptable levels, which meet established production speeds and standards.
Works with Maintenance to ensure equipment PM's occur as scheduled.
Maintains a spare parts inventory working with Maintenance and purchasing.
Monitors, organizes and maintains supplies, raw materials, machines, and scheduling of the Affixing Department.
Works closely with the scheduling team to ensure the timely production of quality products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
Sustains the established 5S System in place.
Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Communicates with other department managers, vendors, scheduling, and CSR’s to ensure deadlines are met.
Work with estimators giving accurate times for setups and a timeframe on how long a job will run.
Ensures adherence to processes and maintains production schedules.
Assumes leadership in development, testing, implementation and documentation of forms, processes, and systems.
Manages job preparation and performs quality testing of process.
Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems.
Reports operational OEE to Plant Manager.
Keeps abreast of industry standards and trends.
Assesses supply conformance.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field is preferred.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ industry experience.
- Must have minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/manager role.
- Must have familiarity with machine set-ups, operation, and training on Kirk Rudy’s and Gavehren machines.
- Must have a complete understanding of the gift card affixing and card manufacturing process.
- Must have the ability to understand and track production information and quality records.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must understand Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have advanced computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics along with high level of file formatting specific to the manufacturer’s software).
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. #IL
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.