Representative Director, Paperboard - Japan
Representative Director, Paperboard – Japan
Every day, our 45,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in our more than 300 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe, and Asia to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs. We expect to win as a company and lead the industry by achieving success together with our customers, employees, and investors.
WestRock makes high quality paperboard and packaging for consumer and corrugated packaging solutions that give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We collaborate closely with customers on a wide range of paperboard materials and packages across many end use market segments. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement and Winning Together.
Job title: Representative Director, Paperboard - Japan
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Report to: Managing Director, Asia Pacific
Key Mission/Purpose: Develop and execute a “growth agenda”, ensuring long-term profitable growth for WestRock’s high-quality paperboard materials as the commercial business leader for Japan, managing and building upon our existing business base of 74 million USD across multiple end market segments.
- Ensure implementation of the strategic paperboard business plan for the Japan market.
- Manage team of direct and indirect reports in execution of business strategy
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of comprehensive customer level business plans covering multiple end market segments. Ensure full alignment across commercialteam, customers and WestRock.
- Fully understand all aspects of the customer strategy and establish multi-level relationships throughout the customer organization. Proactively sells existing WestRock solutions while developing a joint value creation agenda that leads to new product development
- Become fully knowledgeable of all products and capabilities within WestRock consumer paperboard and act as an ambassador for WestRock capabilities
- Identifies Innovation platform opportunities and mobilizes resources toward development
- Identify new participation opportunities & lead the development of the business plan
- Conduct business with full respect of the WestRock Code of Conduct & Compliance standards
- Develops & utilizes broad knowledge of WestRock capabilities to navigate and manage cross-functional collaboration to serve customer requirements.
- Volume, revenue & EBITDA
- New business pipeline & opportunity close performance
- Drive culture of WestRock values: integrity, excellence, accountability, and respect
- Customer base expansion & improvement- depth of customer pool; quality and breadth of relationships
- Internal and external leadership
Ideal profile, experience & competencies:
- An experienced business leader and sales professional with strong analytical and strategic thinking, influencing, and consulting skills; have proven customer and industry orientation and understanding; have proven financial and business acumen and be experienced in value co-creation and negotiation; record of accomplishment
- Fluent in English, Cross-cultural understanding and sensitivity
- Exhibits a drive for results; takes accountability; is proactive & tenacious
- Demonstrates the ability to develop a comprehensive, multi-faceted commercial plan
- Demonstrates an ability to create strategic alignment with senior customer executives
- Ability to establish presence at all levels within the customers’ organization
- Adept at handling objections & asserting control
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop talent; strong coaching skills
- Broad packaging expertise – Paperboard knowledge is a plus, but not required
- Be able to navigate effectively in matrixed organizations and possess highly effective cross-functional project leadership skills
- People management experience preferred, but not required
- Customers in different end-market segments: Tobacco, Liquid Packaging, Food / Int’l
- Regional and global leadership team
- Technical Support
- Mills in the U.S.
- Customer Service
- Supply Chain
WestRock is on the Fortune Magazine’s World Most Admired Companies list in the Packaging sector for the third consecutive year, an exceptional accomplishment for a company formed in 2015.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: