General Manager - Newark, NJ
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
General Manager - Newark, NJ
2013 McCarter Highway
Newark, New Jersey, 07104
The General Manager has full responsibility for the performance and profitability of the operation. The operation consists of 100+ employees, and manufactures corrugated packaging. This position will manage and focus on productivity measures associated with safety, quality, cost and productivity and focus on strategic expansion of local business increasing local and regional sales. Major responsibilities include:
· Assure a safe work environment through implementation of various safety processes and programs as mandated and/or recommended by the Division’s Safety Management Model
· Ensure the operation performs in a productive and profitable manner.
· Develop and maintain a strong management/supervisory team and organizational structure to maximize employee contributions, customer satisfaction and profits.
· Develop, with input from the Plant and Division management team, operating objectives and action plans.
· Effectively implement improvement plans of the facility that relate to the strategic business direction.
· Manage change by creating an atmosphere of learning and adapting to changing markets and their competitive demands.
· Monitor the performance and effectiveness of key operating units within the operation: customer service, sales, manufacturing; human resources and quality assurance.
· Establish and communicate to employees a high level of expectation and commitment to continuous improvement and excellence within the operation.
· Monitor and assure the use of management systems (ISO Quality Processes, HR processes, KIWI, JD Edwards etc).
· Develop and maintain strong customer and community relations.
· Create a positive work environment within the location.
· Monitor and assure effective utilization of management/employee development and succession planning systems.
· Adhere to business and employment compliance requirements of the corporation, division.
· Effectively manage and achieve budget targets
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience working as a General Manager in the corrugated packaging industry.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with employees at all levels of the organization.
· Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred.
· Excellent communication skills
· Some travel required, overnight included.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/V
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.