About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
General Manager - Newark, NJ
2013 McCarter Highway
Newark, New Jersey, 07104
The General Manager has full responsibility for the performance and profitability of the operation. The operation consists of 100+ employees and manufactures corrugated packaging. This position will manage and focus on productivity measures associated with safety, quality, cost and productivity and focus on strategic expansion of local business increasing local and regional sales.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the plant with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery and cost
· Develop and maintain a strong management/supervisory team and organizational structure to maximize employee contributions, customer satisfaction and profits
· Develop, with input from the Plant and Division management team, operating objectives and action plans
· Effectively implement improvement plans of the facility that relate to the strategic business direction
· Manage change by creating an atmosphere of learning and adapting to changing markets and their competitive demands
· Monitor the performance and effectiveness of key operating units within the operation: customer service, sales, manufacturing; human resources and quality assurance
· Establish and communicate to employees a high level of expectation and commitment to continuous improvement and excellence within the operation
· Monitor and assure the use of management systems; ISO Quality Processes, HR processes, KIWI, JDEdwards etc.
· Develop and maintain strong customer and community relations
· Create a positive work environment within the location
· Monitor and assure effective utilization of management/employee development and succession planning systems
· Adhere to business and employment compliance requirements of the corporation, division
· Effectively manage and achieve budget targets
· Build effective relationships with all internal departments to produce a superior product
· Ensure that on a daily basis all company standards and customer commitments (i.e.: safety, quality, production, on-time delivery) are followed within the plant
What You Need to Succeed:
· 3+ years’ experience working as a General Manager in the corrugated packaging industry is highly desired, or 5+ years in a supervisory role in a paper manufacturing environment
· Experience in all functional areas of corrugated manufacturing
· Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement are preferred
· High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree or equivalent Military experience preferred
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans