Converting Supervisor - Lancaster, OH
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Converting Supervisor - Lancaster, OH
1290 Campground Road
Lancaster, Ohio, 43130
The Converting Supervisor will supervise approximately 2 – 50 people in the daily routine of producing quality corrugated products in a safe, productive manner with minimum waste. Cross-train employees in key positions.
How you will impact WestRock
- Maintain quality, efficiencies, and production levels set by management. Communicate these standards to your staff.
- Report quality concerns to Converting and Plant Superintendent. Assist in determining quality guidelines.
- Establish high morale within your department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems. Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain inventories of sheets, inks and other converting supplies.
- Coordinate with your supervisor and Maintenance Superintendent on any repairs or preventive maintenance done in the department.
- Keep upper management informed of problems or situations that may affect the performance of your department.
- Enforce the corrective action procedures when applicable and conduct meetings with the violating employees and union representative.
- Conduct weekly Production/Safety meetings with departmental personnel.
- Communicate with necessary supervision to avoid problems between shift changes.
- Improve career skills by enrolling yourself in seminars, technical courses, and related college courses.
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, including union contract, safety program, and good housekeeping.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- Directly supervises all employees assigned to the department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Supervisory responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance.
What you need to succeed
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years prior supervisory experience
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry preferred
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.