Business Unit General Manager - Glendale, AZ
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Business Unit General Manager - Glendale, AZ
6902 W Northern Ave
Glendale, Arizona, 85303
The Business Unit General Manager is responsible for managing the entire operation of assigned Business Unit, which includes sales, production, customer service, transportation and logistics, safety, human resources, financial, environmental, quality, maintenance, engineering and community relations. Responsible for creating a Business Unit plan that outlines how Business Unit will meet the objective of achieving overall budget or better. Directly responsible for providing leadership, mentoring, coaching and direction to direct reports, including establishing goals and being accountable for achieving those goals.
How are you going to impact WestRock:
- Take the Profit and Loss responsibility for the entire Business Unit.
- Review and understand the annual budget, forecasts and monthly financial summaries for Business Unit.
- Work with Finance Manager and Regional Business Analytics Manager to analyze sales and manufacturing problems/issues in plant and provide creative solutions.
- Accountable for directing the sales and production of a multi-plant division to meet short and long-range divisional objectives with optimum efficiency.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and managing: Production Manager, Sales Manager, Customer Service, Logistics, HR, Safety Manager and Quality Manager within assigned Business Unit.
- Establish a working relationship and consistent communication with Business Unit management team and other General Managers within Region.
- Build effective alliances with other Business Units to serve better customers that cross multiple business units.
- Committed to meeting current and future expectations and requirements of customers and resolving customer issues that arise.
- Ensure that Business Unit Customer Service, Logistics, and Planning team is meeting overall service objectives.
- Ensure production successfully meets customer requirements at lowest total cost and ensure effective delivery of services to internal and external customers with lowest total cost fulfillment.
- Ensure goal of exceeding regional safety, productivity, labor, waste and quality measures are being met.
- Lead SAFE process and achieve Division and Corporate Goals through enforcement of employee accountability with regard to a safe work environment and quality and operating efficiencies.
- Ensure all safety, and environmental requirements comply with Corporate, State, and Federal Regulations.
- Ensure sales team is developing and implementing SalesForce Program.
- Work with Corporate Sales Manager on strategic Business Unit growth opportunities.
- Build effective partnerships with union and union stewards; intervene with union issues and negotiations when necessary.
- Monitor and report results against established key performance indicators including clear weekly reporting metrics.
- Maintain WestRock assets, including building, land, equipment vehicles and other company assets.
- This role reports to the Area Vice President
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business or related field preferred)
- Minimum ten years of related work experience with over five years in a leadership role preferred
- Previous business-to-business sales experience in a manufacturing/service industry with supervisory, management or coaching responsibility- box industry or related industry- preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive new business development, box industry or related preferred
- Experience selling/presenting to senior management and key decision makers’ box industry or related preferred
- Previous budgetary/P&L experience preferred, box industry or related preferred
- Solution/concept sales experience preferred to product sales box industry or related preferred
- MS Office Software, Internet-based pipeline management software experience
- Coordinating departmental performance in alignment with the BU goals will help the region increase contributions.
- Executing the BU Value Proposition to the Glendale market will make a significant impact to the Business Unit.
If you possess these attributes and think you are a self-starter with a bit of an entrepreneur spirit, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of WestRock application process, including the use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at:
EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: +1-855-698-6969 to be confirmed (Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned). One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resource members will work with you to provide alternate means to submit your application.