Operations Director - Ghent, Belgium
Operations Director - Bornem, Belgium
To manage all production operations and associated support departments to meet business and customer requirements. To continually improve manufacturing efficiencies, reducing costs and achieve all key operational performance objectives
Key Accountabilities include:
- Develop a manufacturing strategy and a framework of operating standards to satisfy business plan objectives and growing customer demands.
- Control operations within the plant to optimise throughput and efficiency whilst minimising waste and ensuring customer expectations for quality and delivery are met on time and in full.
- Work with customers on specific projects to ensure their expectations are met within an approved framework
- Develop and implement capital projects which improve/maintain the operational performance of the business on time and within budget.
- Responsible for complying with internal and external Quality, Safety and Environmental Standards and Obtaining Objectives for Prevention.
- Manage and develop good relations, as chairman of the workers council, with all employee representatives to implement best working practises and operational methods in order to maintain competitiveness.
- Work closely with other Operations Directors to ensure best practice is being communicated and adopted within the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience include:
- Mandatory Dutch and English, with German a plus
- Proven experience of running a Belgian manufacturing plant
- Minimum 3–5 years’ experience within a management level position in a unionised manufacturing environment
- Print industry experience
- Leadership/people management skills including excellent communication/presentation skills
- Change management experience
- Negotiation/consultation skills
- Awareness of current SHE and employment legislation
- Knowlege of Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Financial awareness
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following behaviours:
Strong interpersonal skills including excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. An analytical thinker who demonstrates consistent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy in data production. Employee safety, engagement and development focused in their leadership values – the successful person will lead by example and represent the site professionally at all levels internally, and in the customer base.
MPS is a print-based specialty packaging business within WestRock that focuses on healthcare and high-end consumer markets, including confectionery, cosmetics, premium spirits and media packaging. This business provides its customers with an extensive array of premium folding cartons, inserts, labels and rigid packaging across a variety of substrates and finishes. For more information, visit www.westrock-mps.com.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: