Shift Supervisor - 3rd shift - Dallas, TX
Dallas / Texas / United States
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Shift Supervisor - 3rd shift - Dallas, TX
1455 Terre Colony Court
Dallas, Texas, 75212
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for the facility and production management during alternative shifts of operation, including the assurance of high quality production in a safe work environment and assisting the shift supervisors/leads in managing operational issues. Proactively manage departmental metrics that impact cost. Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. Foster a team atmosphere, provide vision, and demonstrate support of the company’s core processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Provides leadership and direction related to shift safety and security practices/policies/procedures.
· Assists in addressing both internal and external root cause analysis and corrective actions related to the performance of the plant during the shift hours of operation.
· Proactively manages downtime, make-readies, run speed and waste for shift plant operations.
· Communicates with Human Resources and participates in investigations into incidents and/or policy, procedure violations during shift hours.
· Maintains and ensures a good housekeeping practices (5s Basics).
· Communicates daily with peers and upper management on progress of operational priorities.
· Maintains records of shift production, using specified forms.
· Evaluates quality issues and makes decisions based on customer requirements and acceptability.
· Informs peers and upper management of any high priority shipments that will not make delivery date.
· Supervises entire plant floor production.
· Monitors Pressroom and Finishing schedules and makes adjustments where appropriate
· Manages shift supervisor/lead personnel in all departments.
· Effectively manages and monitors all equipment to established maintenance and production efficiency goals
· Continually participates in company LEAN manufacturing training and audits, implementing identified efficiencies in department work flow.
· Tracks and ensures all jobs are expedited on shift schedules plant wide.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.); college degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ supervisory experience required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to do the jobs he/she is supervising or to quickly gain a working knowledge of those jobs.
· Must have the ability to foster team work and motivate individual performers.
· Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Must have a strong technical knowledge of pressroom and finishing operations.
- Must demonstrate good mechanical aptitude.
· Must have basic computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheets, word processing and email.
· Must have effective verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
· Must be a proactive communicator.
· Must be able to quickly adapt, make critical decisions, and be a change leader.
· Must be able to learn quickly and manage employees in a fast-moving department.
· Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must have knowledge of or able to learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.