About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician Electrical and Instrumentation - Solvay, NY
53 Industrial Dr.
Syracuse, New York, 13204
We are seeking an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician to be located in Solvay, NY. This E&I Technician position maintains electrical and instrumentation systems for production and process equipment. This facility is operated as a team concept mill and all individuals are required to work to their potential. This job description does not in any way limit the responsibilities of the Electrical and Instrument Technician.
What you will need to succeed:
· Effective interpersonal and team skills.
· Ability to plan, organizes, and executes work.
· A good understanding of mill equipment and processes.
· Computer literate.
· Effective trouble-shooter.
· Possess initiative; attention to detail; follow-through.
· Experience with variable frequency drives (Siemens a plus) and smart field instruments (i.e. pressure, flow, temperature, level and analytical transmitters, valve positioners, valve actuators and PID controllers) is necessary.
· Understanding of the working components of PLC/DCS systems.
· Must have power distribution (MCC / switchgear) experience.
- Supports continuous improvement of preventive maintenance
- Participates in trouble-shooting efforts to respond to equipment failures and/or process deficiencies
- Participates in root cause analysis and execution of corrective actions to minimize recurrence of unplanned shutdowns
- Responsible for vendor contact as requested
- Will work with Planners to identify procurement needs
- Able to work a rotating shift schedule to support Shift Teams
· Minimum high school diploma; journeymen level or trade school and equivalent experience (5-10 years' industrial experience).
How you will impact WestRock:
· Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain electrical equipment of varying voltages including but not limited to 0V through 13.8kv.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain electrical equipment including but not limited to: motors (all types), starters, breakers, transformers, isolation switches, relays, fuses, resistors, valves, AC Drives, electrical cable, fiber optic cable, coaxial cable, conduit, receptacles, PLC’s, control panels, lights & lighting panels, cranes or other lifting devices, distributive controls, UPS, fire & emergency alarms, disposal of bulbs and other hazardous material.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain electronic equipment including but not limited to: power supplies, inverters, rectifiers, transistors, amplifiers, capacitors, inductors, diodes, resistors, and soldering.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, install, calibrate, and maintain instrumentation equipment including but not limited to: transmitters (all types), valves, I/P, positioners, actuators, dampers, flow meters, tubing, O2, PH, conductivity, RTD, thermocouple. E/I will be required to learn and operate several pieces of test equipment including but not limited to: multimeter, amp meter, wigey, oscilloscope, megohmmeter, tic trace, hot sticks, wave generator, chart recorder, Hart communicator, transmation, hi-pot unit, dry block calibrator, dead weight tester, and magnetic flow simulator.
- E/I will be required to learn and operate several different computer software programs, including but not limited to Windows, Microsoft Office.
- E/I must be able to operate equipment including but not limited to: cranes (mobile and stationary), fork trucks, and other lifting devices.
- E/I must also follow lockout/tagout procedures & NFPA 70E policy.
- Shift E/I must respond to calls from production or maintenance in a timely manner, attend weekly production start of shift safety meetings, and communicate issues through verbal & written means (email & shift log).
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/