About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Machinist Journeyworker - St Paul, MN
2250 Wabash AVe
St Paul, Minnesota, 55114
- We are seeking a Machinist Journeyworker for our Paper Mill
in St. Paul, Minnesota. In operation since 1908, the St. Paul Mill is a
leading producer of Coated Recycled Boxboard. The mill is the only
producer of MillMask© CRB, which uses a unique masking technologies for stain
resistance. Additionally, the St. Paul Mill is one of the few mills in the
region with off-machine sheeting capabilities, which offers the versatility to
supply sheets as well as rolls.
Machinist Journeyworker – GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The machinists create replacement parts according to
specifications. Disassembles, repairs, and assembles pieces of equipment.
Aligns balances, adjusts and rigs grinding rolls to crowns and diameters as
specified. May be required to work in the shop or in the field to
complete the necessary repairs.
Essential Job Functions:
Works with manual controlled machine tools such as milling machines, lathes, drill presses,
grinders; welding equipment; precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers and hand tools.
- Uses sketches, prints, oral and video instructions to perform machining and other fabrication
- Utilizes machine tools to machine parts to close tolerances.
- Grinds, reams, etc, surfaces and holes to prescribed tolerances.
- Performs standard welding and soldering as necessary.
- Uses shop mathematics to calculate angles, tapers, etc.
- Utilizes precision inspection equipment such as NDT testers.
- Performs general maintenance tasks on equipment within the shop and in the operations.
- Maintains records, moves materials, and follows safety rules in performance of duties.
- Performs other similar duties as directed.
- Must be willing to work varying shifts, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Four year apprenticeship in machinist trade or equivalent.
- Two years experience.
- Demonstrated team and influence skills to work with supervisors and craft to execute maintenance
practices in accordance with Maintenance Best Practices.
- Ability to access all areas of the plant and conduct physical evaluations of grounds and equipment
including ability to climb and work at high elevations.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to hold or feel, reach with hands and arms, walk, talk, smell and hear. The employee will be required to stand, sit,
climb, balance, stoop, crouch and crawl. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee regularly lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
An employee in this job is exposed to hot conditions inside, toxic or caustic chemicals, and has a risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
(This description is not intended to be, nor should be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. 6/30/09)
- If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
- Wage $31.60 per hour (fully qualified journeyworker) and benefit package.
- Employment applications taken on-line only at www.WestRock.com under the Career tab.
- Contact Becky in Human Resources with any questions at email@example.com