Maintenance Superintendent - Sheldon Springs, VT
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Superintendent - Sheldon Springs, VT
369 Mill Street
Sheldon Springs, Vermont, 05485
We have an opening for a Maintenance Superintendent to work in partnership with leadership and employees at our Missisquoi Mill in Sheldon Springs, VT. The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for supervising, directing and coordinating the work of hourly mechanical and electrical maintenance personnel within the mill. Experience ownership firsthand as you ensure the performance, reliability, and results of all equipment and corresponding maintenance and repair work (including contract work) at a coated recycled paperboard production facility.
How you will impact WestRock
· As the Maintenance Superintendent, you will lead and drive continuous improvement for Stock Preparation, the Paper Machines, Power, and support areas. As Superintendent, you will ensure that every level of the organization under your direction is fully engaged in safety, equipment/process availability and reliability improvement.
· Proven leadership skills, building teams and the ability to motivate others are key competencies in this position.
· Work with a team composed of operations, E&I and mechanical salaried/hourly front-line leaders to plan, schedule and execute daily/outage work and drive increased measured reliability metrics.
· Ability to work with production managers and personnel to identify and prioritize opportunities to improve safety, uptime, quality, and cost in all areas of the mill.
· Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
· Must be open to and capable of implementing change and to drive for results through setting clear expectations and fostering a positive work culture.
· Must be capable of managing resources for maximum effectiveness in a multi-skilled environment. Develop and manage the Maintenance budget under your areas of responsibility.
· Sustain the roles and responsibilities for reliability, preventive and predictive Maintenance, as well as root cause failure analysis.
· Effective Shutdown Planning and execution.
· Troubleshooting equipment and process issues for short and long-term repair and reliability improvement.
What you need to succeed
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred, or other degree with five years in a maintenance related position or equivalent.
· Experience in selection and development of direct reports.
· Experience working with organized labor unions.
· Training and/or experience with OSHA regulations, government/corporate regulations, general maintenance and design principles, and JDE or other CMMS systems.
· Computer skills on a variety of platforms, including Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software, JD Edwards, etc.
· Good Organizational, communication, documentation and formal/informal reporting skills.
· Ability to work extended hours on outages, call duty, etc. to support a 24/7 operation.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks while managing projects.
What we offer
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary and benefit package reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.