About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Electrician-Scarborough, ME
16 Washington Ave
Scarborough, Maine, 04074
In this role the Maintenance Technician will provide safe and timely electrical support. Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs mechanical, electrical/electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing preventative maintenance, installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and resolution of multiple operating machines within a manufacturing industrial environment.
How you will impact WestRock
- Keep machines in good, working order.
- Show a sense of urgency when addressing machine issues.
What you need to succeed
- An operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery which includes; motors, servos, pumps, drives, relays, 3 phase power, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls and power transmission systems.
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Able to install and set up both A/C and D/C drives
- PLC trouble shooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude.
- Must be able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Working Knowledge of Encoders and various types of sensors.
- Working Knowledge of power transmission equipment, bearings, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Basic welding skills
- Familiar with pumps, both air and electric
- Able to install and trouble shoot basic 3 phase motor control circuits
- Some knowledge of the various types of sensors and limit switches
3What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.