Maintenance Technician - Richmond, VA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
5710 South Laburnum Ave.
Richmond, VA. 23231
Maintenance Technician - Richmond, VA
The Maintenance Technician conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. This position applies knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles in determining equipment malfunction and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, including but not limited to programmable controls, power supplies, drives, gages, and test equipment
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with Company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and mechanics, and informs appropriate management of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs predictive and preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Performs all tasks and duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all PPE to perform duties.
- Willing to work flexible hours as necessary.
What you need to succeed:
- Proven experience in mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including used of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Computer experience/operation and PLC programming a plus.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED
- 3 - 5 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in manufacturing environment is preferred. Must be able to provide documents that establish related experience and/or training and education.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.