Maintenance Manager - Richmond, VA
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Manager - Richmond, VA
5710 S Laburnum Ave
Richmond, Virginia, 23231
The Maintenance Manager will oversee and ensure maintenance programs are executed in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner by providing leadership and guidance to the Department
How you will impact WestRock:
· Directs, maintains, participates in and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees. Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA standards.
· Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
· Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
· Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
· Utilizes and maintains JDE system for tracking work orders, PM’s, monitor spare parts, and provide maintenance history of plant equipment. Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance performance indicators such as asset utilization, maintenance costs, PM/WO completions, etc.
· Ensures that maintenance employees are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
· Conducts salaried and hourly performance reviews to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance staff. Provides for training and development as well as coaching and discipline of both salaried and union employees.
· Maintains and consistently applies a thorough working knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· Assists in the budgeting, capital planning and financial review of plant performance.
· Maintains compliance with all environmental policies and procedures; ensures that all city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met always
What you need to succeed:
- BS – Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 7 years maintenance experience
- Previous maintenance management experience in box plant strongly preferred
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments
- Excellent problem-solving ability
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.