Mechanic - Portland, OR
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Mechanic - Portland, OR
We are seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to safely maintain all machinery so that it is in working order and to keep the physical plant safe and repaired as needed at our corrugated box plant in Portland, OR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Make general Mechanical repairs to production equipment.
- Make general repairs to building and premises.
- Work independently and as part of a crew in making repairs.
- Fulfill work order assignments.
- Fulfill Preventative Maintenance assignments.
- Conduct spare parts management and work order readiness assignments.
- Excellent computer skills are required.
- A commitment to working safely.
- At least 18 years old and high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office programs, able to perform heavy lifting, do repetitive motion, use general mechanical tools.
- Must know safety requirements and able to operate large equipment to include, but not limited to, forklifts, electric lifts, articulating lifts, welding equipment.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in industrial machine repair.
- Familiarity of fluid power systems, pumps, plumbing, and rigging.
- Ability to use all shop tools properly.
- Ability to read machine drawings.
- Ability to weld proficiently.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.