About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician, 2nd Shift - Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
The Patchogue facility is seeking a Maintenance Technician to perform general mechanical maintenance of facility and equipment in a timely and courteous manner.
How you will impact WestRock
· Perform mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance of manufacturing equipment (i.e. printing presses, folding machines, etc.).
· Repair and maintain facility systems (HVAC, plumbing, compressed air, and humidification).
· Paint and perform minor repairs of building interior and exterior including masonry, wallboard, ceiling tiles, woodwork, etc.
· Use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments accurately.
· Perform basic handiwork such as replacing light bulbs, ballasts, water and air filters, and plumbing fixtures, cleaning drains, hanging pictures and bulletin boards, and maintaining proper forklift batteries.
· Prepare and operate machine tools such as grinders, and drill presses to repair or fabricate machine parts and/or fixtures.
· Troubleshoot electric and electronic problems.
· Perform inspections of and tests fire alarms and pumps.
· Troubleshoot and repair mechanical components including bindery equipment (folder roller changes, transport belts, bearings, drive motors) and presses.
· Troubleshoot and repair PLC’s.
· Troubleshoot motors, pumps, compressors and any other systems in the plant.
· Check new and refurbished parts for the proper specs.
· Perform preventative maintenance.
· Perform machine modifications to improve production as needed.
· Work on call as required.
· Build custom parts on demand.
· Maintain accurate maintenance records.
· Operate scissors and forklifts.
· Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
· Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must have training/certification in machine-specific and electronics fields.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in machining.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical component repair.
· Must be able to properly use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
· Must have a working knowledge of AC/DC motors.
· Must be trained in basic electric and mechanical safety.
· Must have some basic computer experience.
· Must be knowledgeable in the safe use of hand and small power tools.
· Must be knowledgeable in the use of blue prints and schematics.
· Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
· Must be able to work on-call as needed.
· Must have acute troubleshooting skills.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
· Must be able to work independently and use independent judgment.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.