Maintenance Manager - North Chicago, IL
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is seeking a dynamic leader to assist our maintenance department in the role of Maintenance Manager.
We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Manager in our Corrugated Container Facility located in North Chicago, IL. The Maintenance Manager oversees and ensures maintenance programs are executed in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner by providing leadership and guidance.
- Provides leadership to the maintenance department in challenging the status quo for the pursuit of operational excellence and continuous improvement for our world class corrugated packaging facility.
- Directs, maintains, participates in and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees. Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA standards.
- Initiates, implements, and leads the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Utilizes and maintains system for tracking work orders, PM’s, monitor spare parts, and provide maintenance history of plant equipment. Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance performance indicators such as asset utilization, maintenance costs, PM/WO completions, etc.
- Ensures that maintenance employees are adequately trained, equipped, and empowered so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Conducts performance reviews to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance staff. Provides for training and development as well as coaching and discipline.
- Assists in the budgeting, capital planning and financial review of plant performance.
- Maintains compliance with all environmental policies and procedures; ensures that all city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Able to work an alternating shift
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or 10 years of equivalent maintenance experience preferred
- Experience as a Maintenance Manager in heavy industry with strong preference for a corrugated manufacturing background.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
At WestRock, we seek to be the most respected in the industry. Our employees are committed to exceeding their customers' expectations - every time. If you enjoy this shared commitment to excellence and discovering value where others haven’t we would like you to consider WestRock as your employer of choice.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.