About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician - Milwaukee, WI
9400 W Heather Ave
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53224
Maintenance Technician – Milwaukee, WI (Quarterly Bonus Pay-outs!)
WestRock Milwaukee is seeking a skilled Maintenance Technician to perform routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on electrical and mechanical systems involving production equipment and plant systems, including the plant’s main power supply system.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities depending upon area of assignment including performing basic trade activities.
- Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment as required.
- Repairs electrical equipment/systems and control circuits; and replaces faulty electrical equipment as needed.
- Must have a strong understanding of NFPA 70E standards and can apply these standards in the work situation.
- Installs electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services; and replaces and repairs wiring as needed (including computer cable).
- Maintains and repairs a variety of hand and power tools ensuring they are in safe and efficient working order.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts as required.
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
- Calibrates and repairs pneumatic systems and other mechanical systems on production equipment to assure optimum performance of that production process.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or another member of the leadership team.
- Demonstrates strong basic computer skills to utilize the maintenance work order and inventory system.
- Must have good communication skills to engage other employees, management and outside vendors while troubleshooting and distributing necessary information to others.
What you need to succeed:
Desired Experience: PLC, Print Reading, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Troubleshooting Skills
Boiler License a plus; will be expected to obtain if not already acquired
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential including
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.