Maintenance Mechanic - Milipitas, CA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Mechanic - Milipitas, CA
201 S. Hillview Dr
Milpitas, California, 95035
Maintenance Mechanic – Milipitas, CA
We are seeking Maintenance Mechanics to be located in Milpitas, CA to perform routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on electrical and mechanical systems involving production equipment and plant systems, including the plant's main power supply system.
How you will impact WestRock:
• Perform skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities depending upon area of assignment including performing basic trade activities such as electrical, plumbing, and carpentry work.
• Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
• Repairs electrical equipment/systems and control circuits; and replaces faulty electrical equipment as needed. This troubleshooting element is inclusive of Three Phase Motors and Programmable Logical Controls (PLC) applications.
• Installs electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services; and replaces and repairs wiring as needed (including computer cable).
• Consults with Maintenance Manager, as needed, on electrical services; and, as assigned, serves in a project coordination role monitoring the activities of outside contractors.
• Maintains and repairs a variety of hand power tools ensuring they are in safe and efficient working order.
• Performs preventative maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts; checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
• May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
• Calibrates and repairs pneumatic systems and other mechanical systems on production equipment to assure optimum performance of that production process.
• Completes daily, weekly, and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
• 3 years’ experience as a mechanic in an industrial environment
• Educational background including associates degree, trade school or apprenticeship in maintenance highly considered, extensive experience in lieu of education also recognized.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of relay logic and be capable of applying this knowledge in the troubleshooting of the PLC's in the production equipment
• Must have a strong understanding of NFPA 70E standards be capable of applying these standards in the work situation
• Must be computer literate with a willingness to be an effective contributor to the plant's goal of producing optimum quality and outstanding service levels to our customers through effective teamwork
• Flexible to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts - daily overtime, weekend work
• Works in a safe manner, complies with all safety rules
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.