Maintenance Technician - Mebane, NC
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician - Mebane, NC
7411 Oakwood St Extension, PO Box 408
Mebane, North Carolina, 27302
We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician at our folding carton plant in Mebane, NC. The main function of the Maintenance Tech is to manage the electrical and mechanical maintenance of our manufacturing machinery.
The Technician will:
· Assume the role and responsibilities of all Mebane Plant equipment working in a safe and efficient manner.
· Work with production and maintenance team to achieve quality products and maintain production on all equipment.
· Install new and upgrade equipment as needed.
· Troubleshoot and repair all equipment to keep production going in a timely manner.
· Assist with inventory to identify parts and new parts to prevent minimum breakdown or machine downtime
· Performs preventive and operational maintenance to ensure a functional and safe environment
· Maintains records of all work completed, time spent, and materials used.
· Lift up to 25 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs intermittently and up to 75 lbs rarely.
· Stand up to 12 hours per day.
· Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift.
· Uses hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push, pull and fine manipulation.
· Work at, above, and below shoulder level.
· Work in confined spaces
· Climb ladders
What You Need to Succeed:
· 5+ years of industrial/manufacturing maintenance experience or 3+ years Converting/Packaging machine experience.
· Have a safe work history and perform safe work habits.
· Display leadership abilities
· Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
· Be a self-starter and motivator.
· Have knowledge of general machine shop equipment (welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipefitting, air compressors, fire protection, and automation experience.
· Folder/gluer (Alpina Bobst) experience is a plus.
· Electrical/Electronics experience.
· PLC troubleshooting experience.
· Have a solid work attendance record.
· Offset printing press experience is highly desired
· Able to comprehend technical documents
· Maintain Powered Industrial Truck certification- must be able to meet company licensing requirements for power industrial trucks required for the position- sit down and stand up at a minimum
· Candidate must possess ability to perform all maintenance duties both mechanically and electrically
· Must be able to work any of three shifts and overtime, including weekends, as necessary
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.