Maintenance Technician - Marion, NC
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician - Marion, NC
1659 East Court St.
Marion, North Carolina, 28752
WestRock has an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician at our facility in Marion, NC. The WestRock Marion facility is a folding carton facility committed to creating a safe work environment, building motivated and engaged teams, and producing quality products for our customers. Our success is directly related to our safety, quality, and efficiency. This successful candidate will play a key role within the cutting department team here in Marion.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Performs PM, PDM, responds to breakdowns and scheduled repairs as directed on electro-mechanical equipment, including folding carton machinery, air compressors, lift trucks, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, press operations and perform machine set-up as required to assist production operations.
- Performs fabrication, construction projects as assigned by Reliability Manager.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Works with Planner/ Scheduler to determine materials and costs involved for mechanical systems and facilities work orders.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs work schedule as assigned by Planner/ Scheduler.
- Completes Training as scheduled by Reliability Manager.
- Performs other duties assigned by Reliability Manager.
- Performs all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all required PPEs to perform duties.
- This position will help keep department in specs within all 5S and SQF guidelines, and immediately report any food safety concerns to management.
Willing to work flexible hours as necessary.
What you need to succeed:
- Basic understanding of mechanical theory and practices, safety and construction regulations, up-to-date technology and research and the use and care of equipment.
- Computer experience/operation and PLC programming a plus.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- 2 years related experience and/or training in Industrial Systems Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience in work-related environment.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.