Maintenance Coordinator - Liberty, MO
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Coordinator - Liberty, MO
933 S Kent St, PO Box 27-300
Liberty, Missouri, 64068
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Provide Supervision for the effective use of maintenance personnel, materials and machine downtime to maintain production equipment availability and performance at satisfactory levels through the planning, scheduling, coordinating and reporting of repair activities.
How you will impact WestRock:
Assist the Maintenance Manager in leading a team of Maintenance Mechanics and Electricians
Review work orders and job lists, make estimates for labor and material costs, examine priorities and obtain proper approvals for repairs. Publish daily schedules.
Make contacts, field investigations, file searches to define scope of work and organize jobs in a timely manner.
Obtain materials by stores requisition, purchase order or prefabrication and insure correctness and specifications.
Engage contractors, servicemen or engineering support as required.
Maintain all required files and computer updates.
Plan maintenance jobs, with assistance of the maintenance manager, to identify and provide materials, manning requirements, and other support needed to complete required work.
- Exerts fiscal responsibility by working to secure best quality of service at fair market pricing
- Complete requisitions and purchase orders as needed for planned jobs.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with maintenance and production management to respond to maintenance work order requests.
- Maintain accurate records of work orders active and completed.
- Responsible for the overall success of the planning function, including length of time for repair and cost estimate of labor, material and outside services.
- Write a “job package” for each planned job providing details for sequence of work, LOTO, permits and prep work required, tools and materials needed for job.
- Facilitate weekly scheduling meetings.
What you need to succeed:
- Excellent problem solving and attention to detail. Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments and with management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge of JD Edwards desirable.
- Knowledge of both mechanical and electrical components used in industrial applications.
- Prior maintenance planning, scheduling and/or reliability experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and or experience in corrugate processes and equipment preferable.
- Effectively relates to technicians and to on-the-floor maintenance work.
- Ability to work with technology.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.