Director of Plant Maintenance Systems
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Director of Plant Maintenance Systems
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
GENERAL PURPOSE: Lead the development of a corporate-wide best in class safety culture through safety training, risk assessments, and behavior modification programs relating to processes & equipment. Drive process improvement and standardization through formalized Best Practice sharing and implementation. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including, but not limited to OSHA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops with the sites a best in class TPM program with emphasis on preventive/predictive maintenance and upkeep of facility structure.
- Works with SVP and Plant personnel to manage projects, contractors, permitting, equipment moves, installation timelines, etc.
- Develops with the sites solutions for emergency preparedness plans.
Develops with the sites solutions for BCP’s.
- Works with the EHS Director & the sites to implement standardized hot work permits, sprinkler inspections, hearing conservation, lock out tag out, and fire extinguisher inspections.
- Develops with the sites the implementation of a computerized maintenance management system (C-Works) for tracking work orders, identifying critical spare parts and maintenance history of plant equipment and facility maintenance in order to increase OEE.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Conducts employee performance reviews if applicable.
- Works with the Plant Teams to monitor operation of plant equipment, systems and facilities.
- Reviews the operations of plant equipment and systems constantly to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Participates with Leadership Team.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have Associate’s degree from an accredited two-year college in a related technical field or certificate/diploma from trade school in related field; minimum five years’ experience with equipment maintenance in a manufacturing facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have minimum three years’ supervisory experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge of printing and folding carton equipment maintenance.
- Must have demonstrated ability to do the jobs he/she is supervising or to quickly gain a working knowledge of those jobs.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Must have math and measurement skills to understand, track, analyze, and report on operating metrics.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, routine database activities, Computerized Maintenance Management System, etc.).
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to foster team work and motivate individual performers.
- Must have knowledge of or be able to learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be process-oriented.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be willing to work and travel extended hours as necessary.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.