About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
9469 Eastport Rd, P. O. Box 26998
Jacksonville, Florida, 32218
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be required to create maintenance requests for repairs based on findings. Perform routine and trouble-shooting tasks for equipment.
How you will impact WestRock:
What you need to succeed:
Extensive industrial experience in at least 1 of the following areas is required:
- Millwright (laser alignment skills required)
- Roll Grinding & Roll Maintenance
- Good communication skills are a necessity.
Extensive experience dealing with basic industrial safety topics such as lockout, fall protection, confined space entry, personal protective equipment, and guarding is required
Must have 4 years of experience in most the following:
- Industrial Rigging
- Applied Mathematics
- Measurements – Layout skills
- Welding Principles & Practices
- Cutting Principles & Practices
- Use of Portable Tools & Hand Tools
- Selecting and Using Lubricants
- Installation of Bearings & Seals
- Understanding the Operation of Pumps
- Pump & Motor Alignment – dial, feeler gauge, laser
- Pump & Motor Component Assembly
- Maintain & Rebuild - Mechanic Drives, Gear Boxes, Clutches, Jackshafts
- Basic Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Blue Print Reading
- Equipment Installation – sole plates, concrete, leveling, alignment, conveyors, tracking
Drives, rolls, splicing
- Industrial Pipefitting – tubing & hose systems, plumbing systems, installation & maintenance of valves
Physical & Other Requirements:
Standing for extended periods.
Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
Moving or lifting of equipment, materials, and tools up to 50 lbs. repeatedly for a 12-hr. shift.
Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or movement within confined areas.
Work in buildings and areas of fluctuating temperature and weather.
Must be able to enter a confined space or work in high elevated areas
Ability to work in a Crew Concept Environment
Must be able to work Rotating Shifts
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.