About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician -Hillside, IL
250 Mannheim Road
Hillside, Illinois, 60162
Career Opportunity :
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible to perform maintenance and repair of paper board manufacturing equipment and will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
How you will impact WestRock (Responsibilities):
- 2-3 years of mechanical and electrical maintenance experience
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Corrugated and/or Converting Experience preferred
- Ability to fabricate basic machine parts
- Advanced arc welding experience
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics. Masonry construction experience is a plus.
- Good cutting techniques, proficient with oxy/acetylene and plasma arc cutting.
- Skilled at rebuilding rotating equipment, including pumps, gear boxes, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical systems
- Ability to change and check fuses, circuit breakers, overloads, etc.
- Able to install starters and disconnects
- Able to make conduit runs and pull wires
- Able to trouble shoot machines
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Military training and or Technical School required
- Associates Degree and/or Certificates preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.