We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician at our folding carton plant in Harrison, AR. The main function of the Maintenance Tech is to manage the mechanical/electrical maintenance of our manufacturing machinery.
- Assume the role and responsibilities of all Harrison Plant equipment working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work with production and maintenance team to achieve quality products and maintain production on all equipment.
- Install new and upgrade equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair all equipment to keep production going in a timely manner.
- Assist with inventory to identify parts and new parts to prevent minimum breakdown or machine downtime
- Performs preventive and operational maintenance to ensure a functional and safe environment
- Maintains records of all work completed, time spent, and materials used.
What You Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years of industrial/manufacturing maintenance experience or 3+ years Converting/Folding Carton/Packaging machine experience.
- Have a safe work history and perform safe work habits.
- Display leadership abilities
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a self-starter and motivator.
- Have knowledge of general machine shop equipment (welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipefitting, air compressors, and automation experience).
- Electrical/Electronics experience.
- PLC troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Have a solid work attendance record.
- Offset printing press experience is highly desired
- Able to comprehend technical documents
- Candidate must possess ability to perform all maintenance duties both mechanically and electrically
- Must be able to work 7 AM to 3 PM M-F shift full-time with a rotating on-call schedule between the maintenance team to cover as needed issues on any of the 4 shifts (including weekends as necessary)
- GED or High School Diploma required
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.