Maintenance Technician - Greenville, TX
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Technician - Greenville, TX
6702 Hwy 66 W
Greenville, Texas, 75402
· Performs maintenance functions by performing diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the facilities equipment.
· Follow general safety and compliance with all workplace rules, policies and procedures, i.e. SQF, safety, etc.
· Responsibilities include responding with urgency to emergency calls/work orders, plan and execute assigned work orders.
· Inspect, identify, and repair complex mechanical/electrical equipment.
· Repairing and maintaining piping systems and assembling hoses with fittings, Basic fabrication and welding and ability to follow prints.
· Perform mechanic skills including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Diagnose problems and replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Troubleshooting and repairing other electrical equipment that maintains production, Safety, quality, output, and reduces downtime on production lines in accordance with codes, regulations, and specifications.
· Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Qualifications / Requirements:
· The ideal candidate must have advance mechanical and technical skills.
· Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the plant and a have a thorough understanding of our entire manufacturing process.
· Protective Equipment
· Required: Safety glasses, safety toe shoes, Arc Flash protective wear, earplugs, cut-resistant gloves, hairnet, and beard net if necessary. Essential Skills:
· Written/Verbal Communications Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with others.
· Computer Skills: Must have basic knowledge of Windows based software.
· Technical Skills: Electrical, mechanical, machining, hydraulic, pneumatic, trouble shooting, welding.
· Leadership skills: Ability to effectively lead a team and be self- driven.
· Arc Flash
· Machine Maintenance
· Pallet Jack Certification
· Fork Lift Certification A
Westrock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vet
Effective October 1, 2014, all the Westrock Home Office campuses will maintain a smoke- and tobacco-free campus. No smoking or other use of tobacco products (including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, cigars, snuff, or chewing tobacco) is permitted in any part of the building or parking lot.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.