Maintenance Manager - Glendale, AZ
6902 W Northern Ave
Glendale, Arizona, 85303
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com
Provide expertise and leadership for the maintenance function of the corrugated facility. This position works with the plant management team to protect and ensure the reliability of company assets and systems to ensure the maximization of production and quality while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Manage the planning, coordination, and execution of all facility maintenance and reliability activities to optimize equipment uptime, safety, and environmental performance.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance budget. Submit recommendations, monitor expenditures, prepare cost estimates, submit justification for equipment and assist in the development of support documentation for projects.
- The incumbent in this role will possess critical thinking skills and maintain an enthusiastic and positive approach toward employees and the job function.
- Responsible for the development and management of effective facility maintenance reliability programs.
- Supervising and inspecting repair and maintenance work to ensure that the most effective, efficient and up-to-date maintenance and repair technology and practices are used in a safe and professional manner.
- Monitor operations and make recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Maintain awareness of new trends and developments in maintenance and incorporate new procedures and training as appropriate
- Implement maintenance best practices and processes, including but not limited to: effective planning and scheduling complete with KPI tracking; technician precision maintenance training and application of skills; reliability efforts in lubrication, vibration, root cause analysis.
- Manage crews to ensure efficient utilization of mill manpower and contractors.
What you need to succeed:
- 4-year degree in mechanical/electrical engineering preferred or extensive applicable experience in a related role.
- Significant industrial experience required. Corrugated industry experience highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate with technical specialists and to interpret technical/blueprint drawings and specification documents.
- Possess a sufficient degree of mathematics and engineering skills.
- Ability to lead a multi-discipline team both as a supervisor and in a technical capacity.
- Ability to operate effectively in the use of business tools including computers, e-mail, and applicable software applications.
- Strong organization and communication skills with the proven ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!