About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Electromechanical Maintenance Technician-Journeyman - Glendale, AZ
6902 W Northern Ave
Glendale, Arizona, 85303
· Complete a “Maintenance Task Hazard Assessment” for each non-routine task.
· Respond to emergency machine breakdowns in a timely manner.
· Completes assigned tasks correctly and within the allotted time.
· Perform Preventive Maintenance duties on facility equipment
· Common Troubleshooting and repair of AC / DC drives, PLC’s, electrical systems, electrical equipment, piping systems, plant machinery and plant equipment.
· Locate, diagnose and repair malfunctions of Hydraulic systems, Pneumatic systems, Water & Starch piping systems, including pumps, valves, and cylinders.
· Perform various inspections and testing on plant systems, machinery and equipment.
· Repair, maintain, and install gas, LP and electrical engines/systems on forklifts.
· Performs carpentry, i.e., form building, structural steel, concrete, etc.
· Assist with operation of laptop computers for required troubleshooting of PLC controlled systems.
· Assist with plant layouts and wiring installations.
· Perform necessary procedures to maintain parts stores inventory system.
· Perform cleanup of job site prior to and after completing repairs.
· Perform general housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned by supervision.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
· Must participate in and successfully complete training programs to include: NFPA 70E electrical training, out of plant and in-plant instruction, CPR & First-aid qualification training, Must become a member of the emergency response team, vendor training, OSHA and weekly safety related training, etc.
· Must operate power hand tools and equipment, e.g., drills, saws, pipe benders and threaders, etc.
· Must be able to read rule and “take” or “make” a measurement.
· Must have or obtain own tools and a lockable tool box.
· Must be able to work alone with minimum supervision in a team concept.
· Must have and maintain a good attendance and performance record.
· Must lift 50-70 lbs. regularly, e.g., motors, pumps, circuit breakers, pipes, valves, etc.
· Must do considerable amount of bending, stooping, reaching, turning and twisting.
· Must climb and work in high places, e.g., cherry picker, ladders, man lifts, mezzanine, etc.
· If Qualified, Must work in confined places, e.g., starch tanks, etc.
· Must work in hot areas.
· Must work with hazardous materials, e.g., corrosive acids, resins, gases, etc.
· Must wear protective equipment and clothing. (Will be required to wear F/R uniforms)
· Must read, interpret, scale, and re-scale blueprints, operating manuals, and schematic diagrams.
· Must show mechanical and logical problem solving ability.
· Must drive.
· Must have a telephone and live within a reasonable commuting distance of the plant.
· Expected to respond to call-ins, overtime, Sundays, holidays, and other shifts as required.
What You Need To Succeed:
· Must have a minimum of one year experience in an industrial maintenance related field.
· Must be able to lift 50-70 lbs. regularly.
· Must be able to distinguish colors.
· Must have flexibility, reach and body height consistent with job responsibilities.
· Must have a valid driver's license.
· Must obtain and maintain a valid forklift license.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.