Maintenance Supervisor, Mechanical
Fernandina Beach, FL
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
This role is accountable and responsible for mechanical maintenance in the Recovery area of the mill, focusing on maximum equipment uptime at the lowest possible cost. Proven performance is needed in leading a team of skilled mechanics to perform safe, productive, low cost work of the highest quality. Candidates must possess excellent trouble-shooting, time management, and multi-tasking skills. They must also be capable of producing excellent results in a fast paced, production environment.
How you will impact WestRock:
Administers and models safety in their area of responsibility; participates in and supports the safety programs for the maintenance department; reviews and enforces safety rules, upholding standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees
Responds to calls 24 hrs./day
Weekend duty team member on a rotating weekend/holiday basis and is on call support for maintenance.
Leads and directs a team of hourly mechanics
Effectively lead crew safety and toolbox meetings
Leads by example
Communicate well with the crew
Sets expectations of the crews and provides direction using SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely)
Motivates the team using coaching, mentoring, feedback, and recognition
Holds people accountable for meeting expectations and goals
Provide leadership in safety, training, and assignment of work to mechanical personnel in assigned area
Monitor/track maintenance spending in assigned area along with other members of the team
Oversees employee compliance with corporate, division, and mill safety including environmental rules and procedures
Ensures crew uses proper parts, equipment, and preferred maintenance practices
Maintains the equipment in assigned area to achieve the maximum possible uptime at the lowest possible cost
Help troubleshoot equipment in assigned area and provide direction to mechanics
Working night & weekend duty assignments supervising mechanics as needed
Utilizes the J.D. Edwards CMMS as a primary tool of the mill maintenance process
Working knowledge of maintenance skills/techniques needed to work on equipment typically found in paper mills (pumps, valves, motors, gear boxes, etc.).
- Thorough knowledge of precision maintenance principles and the ability to drive their regular and proper use in maintenance.
- Familiar with Microsoft Suite including MS Project.
- Able to use mill maintenance systems to write work request, locate parts and create requisitions.
What you need to succeed:
- B.S. Degree in engineering (preferred) and 2 plus years’ experience in mechanical maintenance, or
- Three plus years’ experience in a mechanical maintenance supervisory role (required) and five plus years (total) mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing/process industry (required).
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Experience in paper mill (preferred).
- Reliability and/or precision maintenance experience (preferred).
- 5S, Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience (preferred).
- Experience using Passport/JDE, CMMS (preferred).
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.