Maintenance Technician- Etobicoke ON
Etobicoke facility is currently seeking a licensed Maintenance Technician who is responsible for performing a variety of skilled mechanical work in maintenance, installation, testing, troubleshooting and repair of equipment. The position reports to Maintenance Supervisor on a weekly rotating shift schedule.
How will you impact WestRock:
- Responsible for performing mechanical and/or electrical duties in the maintenance, repair, inspection, testing, and installation of mechanical/electrical equipment including structural
- Observe or listen to machinery or equipment operation in order to detect and identify malfunction
- Install electronic power, communication, control or security equipment or systems
- Repair computer controlled manufacturing systems
- Provide guidance and expert advice to management or other groups or technical systems or process related topics
- Interpret, explain and enforce department policies and procedures to reach full and accurate understanding
- Troubleshoot advanced electrical circuits
- Operate various tools, instruments and equipment used in the testing and repairs of mechanical equipment
- Fabricate, assemble, and disassemble manufactured products by hand
- Use acetylene welding/cutting torch and combination welding procedures
- Use tube bending equipment
- Use electrical or electronic testing devices or equipment
- Operate hoist, winch, or hydraulic boom as needed
- Operate with advanced skill hand tools both powered and manual
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools such as a drill press, lathe and/or welding equipment
- Operate maintenance vehicles including aerial lifts, personnel transport vehicles and forklifts
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Overtime is required
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Must be licenced Millwright and Electrician
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Solid technical problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills.
- Positive, can- do attitude
- Willingness to go the extra mile to get it right
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application to Human Resources. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: