Master Electrician - Dayton, NJ
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Master Electrician - Dayton, NJ
1 Corn Road
Dayton, New Jersey, 08810
The person in this position would be our go-to Master Electrician for technical issues (mechanical and electrical) that arise on our machines within the facility.
The Master Electrician position will be responsible for performing skilled mechanical and electrical work, and will have the working knowledge and ability to perform tasks as specified below:
How you will impact WestRock:
· Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by applying knowledge of
electricity and materials.
· Confirms system's and components' capabilities by utilizing testing methods.
· Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
· Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
· Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
· Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data; maintain all electrical prints (up-to-date).
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Able to lead department in the absence of the Maintenance Manager
· Able to train plant Electrical Technicians; PLC, other Controllers, electrical software, basic trouble-shooting
What you need to succeed:
Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology (Preferred)
Electronic Systems, Electronics Troubleshooting, Electronic Testing Design, Analyzing Information, Reporting Research Results to Manager, Attention to Detail, Emphasizing Excellence, Innovation
1. Computer proficiency; MS Office, CAD, various electrical software packages (trouble-shooting)
2. Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
3. RSLOGIX 500, RSLOGIX 5, RSVIEW32 (Allen Bradley PLC)
4. Siemens Profibuss, Siemens Simatic Panel View
5. Both Analog and Digital drives/controllers
6. Working knowledge/certification of following;
· National Electrical Code
· NJ (State) Licensed Electrician
· NFPA 70E
· Lock-out/Tag-out Procedures
· Forklift, Clamp-truck- Fork-Truck Certified - Preferred
· Boiler, High Pressure Steam Systems; Boiler License (NJ State)- Preferred
7. Successful applicant will need to take an Electrical Proficiency test.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.