Maintenance Clerk - Dayton, NJ
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Clerk - Dayton, NJ
1 Corn Road
Dayton, New Jersey, 08810
Maintenance Clerk – Dayton, NJ
- Coordinate plant/maintenance department materials purchasing applications in order to effectively plan all maintenance work projects
- Safely maximize the machine center uptime and speed through efficient utilization of manpower, materials, methods and equipment
- Provide input to appropriate leadership personnel regarding suggestions or methods that will improve plant/maintenance department purchasing record keeping processes and procedures
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work with appropriate maintenance and other plant personnel, to ensure all planned work and record keeping is complete and timely
- Completes and distributes appropriate reports when required or needed
- Follow Government Regulations such as OSHA and NJDEP requirements to ensure regulatory compliance as directed by the Maintenance Manager and the Safety Manager
- Help establish routine monthly equipment and building maintenance tasks by supporting WestRock’s preventative maintenance schedules
- Maintain equipment information and documentation through the JDE System.
- Manage the parts inventory system including, but not limited to:
- Spare parts status, Purchase requisitions for inventory replenishment, Vendor parts pricing and vendor management, Work order status, Warranty tracking
- Receiving into inventory, putting stock away, creating new labels and entering new part numbers
- Can do “Pick Lists” for PM and other scheduled maintenance activities
- Perform cycle counts as required
- Monitor and update the department’s technical library
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the job
- Must have the ability to use basic computer software to communicate, plan, and delegate tasks to the maintenance team and communicate with supervisors.
- Maintenance coordinators must be task-oriented, able to handle multiple priorities, and able to competently handle emergency situations
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or equivalency required, Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- 1‐3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment material purchasing and planning desired
- 1-year manufacturing maintenance system applications environment preferred
- Office clerical or accounting experience preferred
- Strong computer/data entry experience and familiarization with Microsoft office programs
- Experience in phone and direct supplier contacts; conflict resolution
- Experience in parts inventory management system application preferred
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.