Maintenance Tech-3rd Shift- Dallas, Texas
Dallas / Texas / United States
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Maintenance Tech-3rd Shift- Dallas, Texas
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Perform general mechanical maintenance of facility and equipment in a timely and courteous manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Repairs and maintains facility systems (HVAC, plumbing, compressed air, and humidification).
- Paints and performs minor repairs of building interior and exterior including masonry, wallboard, ceiling tiles, woodwork, etc.
- Uses rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments accurately.
- Performs basic handiwork such as replacing light bulbs, ballasts, water and air filters, and plumbing fixtures, cleaning drains, hanging pictures and bulletin boards, and maintaining proper forklift batteries.
- Prepares and operates machine tools such as grinders, and drill presses to repair or fabricate machine parts and/or fixtures.
- Troubleshoots electric and electronic problems.
- Performs inspections of and tests fire alarms and pumps.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical components.
- Troubleshoots motors, pumps, compressors and any other systems in the plant.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Works on call as required.
- Builds custom parts on demand.
- Maintains accurate maintenance records.
- Operates scissors and forklifts.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have training/certification in machine-specific and electronics fields.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in machining.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical component repair.
- Must be able to properly use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Must have a working knowledge of AC/DC motors.
- Must be trained in basic electric and mechanical safety.
- Must have some basic computer experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in the safe use of hand and small power tools.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to work on-call as needed.
- Must have acute troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.