Sawmill Mechanic-Cottonton, AL - copy
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Mahrt Operations Cottonton Sawmill is seeking to fill a current opening position as a Multi-craft Maintenance Mechanic with a self-motivated, conscientious team player who has a positive attitude. Please see following minimum requirements for this position:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 yrs Industrial experience as Multi-craft Journeyman or 2-4 yrs Formal Education Certificate/Diploma (Tech School , approved apprentice program)
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings
- Rebuild, repair, and installation of rotating equipment
- Ability to run a lathe and milling machine a plus
- Weld in all positions (TIG & Stick)
- Ability to use an oxygen/acetylene torch
- Hydraulic system knowledge and troubleshooting a plus
- Trouble Shoot equipment to define problem
- Ability and desire to learn and grow maintenance skills
- Available to work overtime and 3rd shift
- Pass written testing requirements
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.