About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1st Shift Maintenance Machinist - Chicago, IL
4221 N Normandy Ave
Chicago, Illinois, 60634
How Will You Impact WestRock
Performs mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
Modifies/builds equipment and components.
Makes custom parts as necessary.
Makes machinery modifications with minimal direction.
Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical components on all equipment.
Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical components on all equipment.
Troubleshoots and repairs motors, pumps, compressors and other systems in plant.
Troubleshoots and resolves mechanical problems and makes repairs as needed.
Operates machine tools such as lathes, grinders, drill presses for repairs, and fabrication.
Orders materials as necessary.
Performs welding, brazing, and cutting to fabricate items such as guardrails, brackets, and hangers.
Uses rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments accurately.
Prepares and operates machine tools such as lathes, grinders, drill presses, and mills to repair or fabricate machine parts and/or fixtures.
Maintains accurate maintenance records.
Supports various recycling programs such as light bulbs, batteries, and metals.
Operates scissors and forklifts.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
- Must have a minimum of 4 years experience performing general mechanical, electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Must have knowledge of CAD software.
- Must have basic personal computer skills. Must be able to guide or work with other employees in department.
- Must be able to properly use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Must be trained in basic electric and mechanical safety.
- Must be knowledgeable in the safe use of hand and small power tools.
- Must pass color vision.
- Must pass ruler test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What We Offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.