About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Maintenance Supervisor will assist the Maintenance Manager to ensure overall product quality, waste/productivity goals are met, machine safety and the minimization of downtime through effective equipment maintenance by performing the following key responsibilities:
How you will impact WestRock:
To perform this job successfully on the first shift (day), an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Safely execute all job duties as assigned and promote safety & safety program throughout the facility.
- Maintain housekeeping excellence according with Golden Broom Program.
- Maintain full compliance with GMPs
- Maintain and execute maintenance work order program.
- Ensure all scheduled preventative maintenance for facility equipment is completed.
- Ensure all required parts and supplies are maintained for maximum equipment up-time with proper approval.
- Responsible for the building, infrastructure and surrounding grounds are clean, safe, and provide a secure environment for all employees.
- Manage all parts and tool inventories to ensure necessary repairs are completed within minimal equipment downtime.
- Schedule all work through job priority and equipment availability to ensure all work is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all necessary jobs and safety training is completed and documented as required.
- Ensure all department documents are completed timely and accurately.
- Work a 12-hour shift and overtime as determined by customer demand or other mitigating factors.
What you need to exceed:
- High School diploma or GED; college degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of mechanical and/or electrical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Prior work experience in a corrugated manufacturing facility preferred.
- Working knowledge of all equipment.
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude for all related manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledge of general safety and health programs.
- Ability to effectively manage time and people.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.